walkway in foreground with low red brick wall in the background


Work Order Requests

Work requests of a small scope and routine equipment maintenance are typically accomplished by submitting a work order. Examples of work that can be accomplished through a work order include:

  • Moving of furniture
  • Special event set-up
  • Hanging pictures

Work requests can also be submitted for minor projects that are expected to cost less than $25,000 and require little or no professional design input. Examples of minor projects that may be accomplished through a work order include:

  • Installation of a minor piece of research equipment
  • Sub-dividing of a room or other minor renovation
  • Room or lab renovation without design (Arch, Mech, Elec, Plumb or Structural)

All work requests are submitted through EZRequest and should include your department’s Cost Center or Internal Order number. For more details on what OPP pays for and what is the department’s responsibility, please see Who Pays For What.

To request a work order, please contact your Department Facilities Representative.

If you need help submitting a work order, please reach out to Susan Williams within CoE Facilities Administration.

If you have an emergency or need help with a work order after hours, contact the OPP Work Reception Center at 814-865-4731.

Project Requests

Larger scope projects are requested by CoE Facilities Administration via e-Builder. All project requests should be discussed with your Department Facilities Representative and they will forward to Facilities Administration. If you have any questions, please contact your Department Facilities Representative.

Any project that requires professional design or is over $25,000 is a Major Project. Major Projects are generally submitted for a Feasibility Study (if an analysis or estimate is necessary).

If you have any questions with regard to initiating a project request, please contact Craig Dubler within CoE Facilities Administration or your Department Facilities Representative.

Utility Shutdowns

A shutdown is a temporary interruption of a utility or building operations service for the purpose of construction, maintenance, repair, or equipment replacement. Shutdown requests are managed through the Office of Physical Plant (OPP) and communicated to affected building Facility Coordinators (FCs) for review and approval. Affected building occupants are notified based on need to know by their Department Facilities Representative.

Examples of utility shutdowns:

  • Fire alarm testing
  • HVAC upgrades or repair
  • Electrical preventive maintenance
  • Domestic water interruption

In the event of a facilities concern:

  • Emergency: Call 911
  • After Hours Support: 814-865-4731



Facilities Administration serves the facilities needs of faculty, staff, and students in the College of Engineering. We are responsible for facility projects; general facility maintenance; space allocation; safety management and access control.

Facilities Administration

101 Hammond Building

The Pennsylvania State University

University Park, PA 16802-4710